Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Week 49: Best Friend Adventures (Anissa): CNO, MAC & Gym Workout

FREE Makeover Time!!!
December 1st is such an awesome start to the month. Christmas songs start playing, everyone preparing for the new year approaching and cyber monday sales (which could have been better in terms of discount). I decided to chill with my bestie, Anissa to get a whole bunch of stuff done. Our hangout started a bit late since I overslept (came from a night shift). We ended up meeting around 3pm. We decided to go to CNO (college of nurses) first, head downtown to eaton centre and than go to the gym

College of Nurses (CNO) is where you have to go to register for your nursing licence which allows you to work as a registered nurse in Canada. Now that Anissa passed her exam, she has to show them the form and pay to get such registration. Initial fee around $300. We literally waited an hour to get serviced since the lady was honestly SO slow (4 people in line shouldn't take an hour). Since its still december, if my friend registered now, she would have to pay another $200 to renew her licence in January which makes no sense since she hasn't gotten a nursing job yet. So, we were able to indicate that we want the money to be processed in January so her membership would be valid for all of 2015.

Next was Eaton Centre! We first ate cause I was SOOO hungry! We had subway 6 inch sandwich and later had a nice crepe!!! Ive always seen the place at eaton centre but this was my first time actually buying something.


Once, our bellies were full we headed down to MAC Cosmetics cause we had an horrible experience on Black Friday, where this artist treated us pretty bad. To sum it up, I asked to know about foundation since Im pretty new in that department. She applied the foundation to only HALF of my face, instead of offering me a wipe to clean my face she got one for herself to clean her hands, asked me if I was going to purchase it. I refused since my intention was lipstick. She than said okay and I asked her to write down the product on a paper so when I want to purchase it, I'll know which one I want. Instead, she tells me to write it in my phone myself or take a picture. Uh...okay >3>. I than stated that I wanted to purchase the Heroine lipstick with the Be Spoken lip pencil. She stated "sure" and instead goes and serves another customer as we wait 3-5 minutes. Eventually, the manager came by to ask us if we were serviced and I stated that she said she was going to get us lipstick but didn't.

Anissa was more pissed off than me and I decided to call and tell a manager. When I called the same day, the same women who had ended up getting us the lipstick had answered the phone. Though she remembered me and apologized for such service, It didn't seem like she was taking it very seriously. So I decided to call the assistant store manager and she was shocked that I received such service. Due to such experience and I being a first time customer at MAC, she decided to offer me a complementary or FREE lipstick, lipgloss OR blush (AWESOME)

Once we reached there, I asked for the manager and a Artist Samora came by to ask us what we were interested in looking at. I pointed out that foundation is something I don't know anything about so would want to see a how it would look on ALL of my face compared to half. In the end, they gave me a FREE makeover literally from primer, eyeshadow, foundation, mascara, lipstick and lipgloss! I looked SOOO goood!


I ended getting the Lipgloss, since it complemented the Heroine lipstick/Bespoken lip pencil which she applied during the makeover!

I wrote probably half a page of the amazing service I received from Samora and talked to the manager personally about how wonderful she was. Throughout the whole makeover she explained all the products used, how to give myself a more natural look compared to the crazed "I look like a different human being" look. We discussed about our career and the CRNE exams that we had to take. She even wrote ALL the product she used during the makeover down for me so I could take my time to purchase everything!

Samora is Awesome
It was funny since the girl that was SO rude was present and throughout our whole time there, she kept on glaring at us, coming to the areas where we got out makeover to peak and hear our conversation. It was beyond funny. Anyways, Samora was awesome and defiantly going back JUST for her <3

After all that lovely interaction and talk about makeup, we headed to the gym (I know, do ur makeup and now you gotta sweat it all out T_T). So, we worked out and had a blast. It was a nice afternoon-night hangout on my day off. Always a pleasure hanging with the bestie <3


Till Next Time...
Yumoyori <3~

1 comment: