Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Week 49: Friend Adventures (Fenan)- Moxies

On December 5th, I got to chill with my friend Fenan! We decided we would go to Yorkdale Moxies Grill & Bar for lunch. This was my day off so I could take my sweet time walking around the mall and also catchup with my girl!

I've known Fenan since 2nd year of nursing. We got close during our Samba (or whatever its called lol) and African Dancing class that we took in summer to gain extra credits (so we would have a less course load during our final year in Nursing. Since than we try to keep in touch and still message one another every couple of months as a "pulse check" haha.

I usually only go to Moxies cause of their famous White Chocolate Brownie, which I LOVE. The service overall was okay (I think our sever was training another girl but they both kept checking on us to see if our meal was good etc). Food took a bit long as well but it was busy (there was a birthday party celebration right next to us with some 14 year olds so -3-).

I ordered a Strawberry Daiquiri (never tried Moxies drinks before) for starters as I viewed the main courses.

I normally order chicken wings (doesn't matter the restaurant), but decided to try something different and would be more filling to me. I ended up ordering the Lunch special which is a choice between the Broccoli and Cheese Soup or the Soup of the day, with Half Beef Dip Sandwich (consist of beef, swiss cheese, and mushrooms).

Of course for dessert, I got my White Chocolate Brownie! I should have mentioned that I wanted the mini version than the full size (now that Im working on my fitness and weight loss,), I had a bit of difficulty finishing it compared to few months back.
Overall, it was nice catching up with a good friend!

I'm a person who knows many people but Im pretty picky now a days with who I chill with and who I make time for. I guess it comes with age and experience, but I don't waste time on individuals who either give the "Im busy" excuse or who don't contact me for more than 2-3 months. I just don't see why I should make time for them with my busy schedule (I work on average 72-90 hours in 2 weeks and thats just "work". Doesn't include my workouts, etc). Also for those who always give the excuse that Im busy with work or school etc, as I stated above, I'm just as busy or more (I have a career not a part time job) but I balance my hangouts and try to fit anyone in my schedule

Anyways, thats my little rant about people LOL. Fenan is another awesome individual that I like to keep in my circle of friends. I love her character overall. She has a similar outlook as me in terms of people and it was just nice to catchup and update one another about our work/personal life and just talk about general girly stuff XD

Thanks Fenan for the chillage <3 ~

Till Next Time...
Yumoyori <3~

No comments:

Post a Comment