Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Week 50: Best Friend Adventures (Anissa)- Sushi One, Christmas Tree, DIY Phone Case, Michael's Art Store

On Friday, I chilled with my best friend Anissa. I originally was suppose to have a work meeting from 9-12pm but that got cancelled (YEAH). Since it was pay day, why not get some good food and do a little shopping while catching up.

Yes, me and my bestie hangout quite often and chat probably every day or within 3 days, but its nice to have face to face interaction, especially if your talking about certain topics that are much easier to discuss in person than thru text or Facebook. Also, I needed some craft stuff to make my phone case that I'm designing and some other items, so having her there is a bonus.


We went to Sushi One at Sheppard & Yonge since its pretty much the only close Sushi place in that area that is "All You Can Eat". There is one literally one block from my house but seeing as we were going to do some shopping anyways, it seemed like a better option (since all the stores I needed to go to are literally 1 main intersection from each other).

The restaurant was pretty nice overall, though you wouldn't know that they have All You Can Eat since its not advertised properly. We had to ask the waiter after giving us the normal menu, if they had A.Y.C.E before they provided us with a totally different menu. I think that's their way to save money in a sense cause if your new to the restaurant and didn't do your research (which I noticed with many of the customers that entered) they would just order from the main menu.

Together, the cost was $40 dollars (14.99 each plus tip) but we got A LOT of food, compared to many of the dishes they were offering individually (hand roll for 6.99-8.99 etc)
Always start with some Miso Soup and Green Salad

Beef Teriyaki
Chicken Teriyaki

Whole bunch of Sushi!! Was honestly SO good
Salmon Pizza (Anissa recommendation): Yummy 
Dessert: Green Tea, Red Bean & Mango Ice-cream
The Sushi was AMAZING! You can tell that compared to other A.Y.C.E, the food is made properly and with delicacy. Though this place is busy, the food is made well and appearance is really good. Though it was difficult to get a server when we wanted to reorder, when bringing the food the male cooks were very respectful. They organized the food nicely as well which makes it even more appealing. It was way worth going to this restaurant and I wont hesitate to come back.

Once our belly's were full, we walked up to Michael's Art/Crafts Store. 

I ordered a flip case online from AliExpress and decided I wanted to decorate it myself. Ive always been one who loves glittery cases but it is almost impossible to find a FLIP hard cover case that is designed properly. All my bling out cases are plastic covers (front-back clip on). Also, with the flip cases (which I personally prefer since they have credit card slots which I need when I go to work since I don't like bringing my wallet) the ones online that have probably a LITTLE bit of design and diamonds on it (fake obviously) are totally OVER PRICED! I remember when I had my Iphone and went to Pacific Mall and spent $45 dollars to decorate my case. So far, this case with all the materials is about $25 bucks! 

My Phone Case
This is merely a General idea. Still waiting for remaining materials to come in
So, I realized, why don't I just make my own -__-? I ordered most of my materials from ebay for REAL cheap. MAX amount I paid for the gems were 2.99 but that was for a more stand out piece or a popular statement piece such as Hello Kitty. I needed to go to Michael's for some super glue and if they had any mini christmas trees.

In the end, I got a Christmas Tree, Lights, Ornaments, and even more Phone Decor for $50 bucks

Yes, I used paperclips to hold the Ornaments #dontjudgeme 
I'm in LOVE with my Christmas Tree! This is my first Christmas on my own, so having a little christmas tree to lighten up my room and mood is always exciting! Did I mention Michaels was doing 60% OFF!!!! Uh WHY NOT? So for example my tree normal price was $32 bucks but with the discount, I got it for $13 dollars! For that kinda tree, totally worth it.

I set it up before my night shift and I love staring at it whenever I attempt to sleep or nap. Its another nice edition to my desk.
Multi-Colour Lights were $2.50 >:D! Talk about Savings 

After our little shopping adventure, I just went to the bank to get some cash and that was the end of our chillage since I had a night shift and I need my nap time :3

Till Next Time...
Yumoyori <3~

No comments:

Post a Comment